The initiative “Inose Ka Nkgo” is spearheaded by Refiloe Seboko who is being supported by Rooting Hope’s eduCRE8 team. Together, we believe that we have can collaborate with organisations that assist and support learners academically, socially, emotionally and physically. As an initiative that’s only 8 months old, we hope to also include career planning, counselling, and hopefully tutoring as we continue to grow.
With the Inose Ka Nkgo one-day event, we invite learners to a venue where we call upon other members of society to begin the work of encouragement and information sharing. We hope that this will plant the seed in the learners’ heads that they are not alone on this path, and that there is a group of people within their reach who are making an effort to put together the kind of resources to help them navigate life and become successful in and after high school.
Because Inose Ka Nkgo is part of the bigger eduCRE8 campaign, we e are also raising funds. Proceeds will go towards the BeautifiKASI project. Our idea is simply this: To paint the walls of Itsoseng beautiful with the help of the talented ThatoSBK and other community members who will benefit from skills he will share with them.
Here’s the truth; Itsoseng is classified as “The forgotten township” because it has not enjoyed any progressive development since ’94. At the same time, there are many from Itsoseng who have ‘made it out.’
So, because the kids in the community need and deserve good role models, and because we believe that things can still be turned around, we are doing what we can with what we have, and your contribution can help us reach more children and impact more lives.
We proudly present our 2nd “Inose Ka Nkgo”, following the successful inaugural event. This year’s event will be held on the 29th May 2021.
We want to connect our community and in so doing, create a support structure that our kids can rely on to help them navigate life and become successful to also prepare them for “Life after Matric and The realities of success and failure.
Event Details Overview:
- Leaners: 120 from 5 high schools
- Speakers: 10 guest speakers
- Location: Living Waters Ministry, Itsoseng, North West
- Date: Friday, 29th May 2021
- Organiser: Refiloe Seboko & Host
- Inspiration: TJ Mokhuane’s post in 2019
The initiative “Inose Ka Nkgo” is spearheaded by Refiloe Seboko who is being supported by the eduCRE8 team. The event is largely self-funded but needs financial and non-financial support to ensure success.
- Catering for the kids on the day (est. total = R5000)
- Entertainment (est. R7500)
- Venue, Internet & Production(est. R10000)
- Gift bags (est. R7500)
- Miscellaneous (est. R15000)
**If there are other ways you can contribute please get in touch with us
The event aims to cover the topics below:
- What do I do if I fail or pass matric
- Surviving as a young adult in a new world
- Tools & tips to navigate successfully through life
- The importance of communication & managing finances
- Building a support structure for prosperity
- Careers & opportunities
- Mental, spiritual and physical health and wellbeing
|Anonymous||R50,000.00||December 18, 2020|