We believe it is possible to take advantage of digital advancements and our innovative model to support & prepare SMEIS as Digital Professionals equipped with skills they can use to secure opportunities in the Digital Economy.
- 50 DigiPreneurs to Train; and 25 active SMEs, servicing 3 province
- 5 certified professionals; and 500 new clients per year
- 1 -2 new clients monthly per DigiPreneur, i.e. R2K+ gross profit
Interesting facts :
- There are ±2.5m SMMEs in SA (SEDA, Q1, 2019)
- ±1.3m people aged 15-24 sit jobless min. 3 months
- Over 1 million are without work for min. 12 months.
DigiPreneurship is a Social-Digital Project (SDP).
The project is designed as a model for preparing SMEIS to take advantage of current opportunities within the Digital Economy, and to empower them to become the relevant workforce, credible service providers and leaders in a post-COVID-19 society.
DigiPreneurship SDP aims to produce DigiPreneurs (Hi-tech Digital Professionals) who will help us with
#PayingITForward to rebuild our economy
Through this Social-Digital project, we:
- Will foster collaboration between for-profit, government & non-profit organisations.
- Are looking for sponsors to help execute the project while tackling joblessness & lack of relevant skills
- Train, Develop & Certify SMEIS as Hi-Tech Digital Professionals (“DigiPreneurs”)
- Want to reach 500 DigiPreneurs over the next 5 years
- Aim to provide services, through the DigiPreneurs, to 500+ clients by 2023
- Enable at least 8 jobs between the executing entities Digicademy (Pty) Ltd (Ubuntucation) & Rooting Hope (NPO)
- Generate collective revenue of R1.75million between 50 DigiPreneurs in year 1